BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a Winchester 57-22 single shot 22 rifle with no clip or tube. Strictly a single shot. I cannot find out anything about it. Does anyone know what it may be worth? I think it is quite rare as it is a model without a clip or tube and has open sights and a 27 inch barrel. I am not sure if this is OK in this forum, but I know there are quite a few fellow shooters/hunters here.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Go to gunsandammo.com and search under modern firearms. Someone else might have one up for sale. You may be able to gauge from that.
I'm pretty sure Winchester also has a website that you can search.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
The Blue Book of Gun Values places the value of your Winchester between $250 for a 60% to $575. for a perfect specimen. The book claims manufacture between 1926-1936. Sounds like a fun plinking machine.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
hey outback, is it a bolt action, and do you have to pull the pin back to cock it?? if so, i have the same gun.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seaswirl: Yes, it is a bolt action that you have to pull the pin back to cock the firing pin and engage a safety sleve!
Shadow12: Thank you, does the description say that it has a clip? Any reference I have found mentions a clip and a manufacture ~ 1890 and only 1800 made, but I do not know if that is right.
Slipkid: Winchester does not have anything on their multiple winchester related websites. I am going to try the gunsandammo.com now!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Outback,

I was a little confused when you said it was a single shot. The book lists the 57 and 57 Target (aperture sight and heavier target stock; 18,600 mfg.) as either having a 5 or 10 rd. clip. Could be something other than what I'm looking at in the book. Good luck in identifying her.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Shadow12,
The 27 inch barrel/ single shot must be rare. I cannot find anything about it. Maybe that will make it worth some $$$. Anything to get me closer to a Benelli Super Black Eagle is a good thing!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Now, I'll have to check mine --- had it since I was a kid. Bolt, single shot for sure, pull-to-cock, and rotating safety (probably silver), perfect condition. But I have this feeling it's a
model 67. Let you know. I could use a few more Winchesters. Not sure of the value of a 57.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts