BASS BARN banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we've been down this road before and asked similair questions, but I havent had any luck finding any solid answers on the forum.

How does the wind affect water clarity? I know after a few days of NW, the water will often turn chocolate milk in color, but what other factors cause the water to dirty?

What wind(s) will work to counteract this and actually work to clear the water? I know it's not as simple as saying a SE wind.

Finally, from a personal standpoint, I prefer to fish with the wind at my back as I face the water. I find it aids with casting and getting my bait/lure out farther, though I have used this as a crutch the last few times out (even back to last fall) and am not having any luck using this strategy lately. I notice that I catch alot fewer fish on days with the wind at my back as opposed to the wind directly at my face. Has anyone alse experienced this and is there a reason?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would think snow melt/rain (does not have to be close) run off in the rivers/ streams would make the water mutch cloudier than just the wind. the rain may be from days ealier way away up in the hills and moutains, it just takes time for the silt run off to get there. wind? it just suxs!

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Don't know much about the wind issue except for a strong onshore will build waves which stir up the sand. As for the wind direction for fishing, I like it in my face when fishing jetties, usually a NE wind.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RhinoScores said:
As for the wind direction for fishing, I like it in my face when fishing jetties, usually a NE wind.
Absolutely! I always thought this was an unwritten rule.

(heck of a 1000th post, eh?)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts