BASS BARN banner

Windlass comparison

649 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Ken Huber 
#1 ·
I have a GW 25' and I have an option to buy a maxwell RC8 or buy a Lewmar ProSeries 700. Which is user friendlier or what do you recommend. The maxwelll is a vertical and the Lewmar is a Horizontal What are the benefits of both if any. The maxwell is a good price for about the same as a new Lewmar. Maxwell is slightly used and comes with control panel and reversing switch. Is this maxwell to big for my boat?

#3 ·
Price was great on the maxwell but I'm thinking its to big for my 25'. I looked for GOOD on the way down but I didn't see any signs or boats on the left side right before turning left going to Barnegat off 72. I was going to stop by and ask questions but I didn't see the business.

#8 ·
Just dropped my 23 Parker off there couple of hours ago. Talked to a Tom. Heard good reports about their windlesses. My garmin GPS was spot on. It's on the south side of 72W. Small sign on chain link fence. About 6 miles west of GSP. Talked to his dad @ Atlantic City Boat Show. Will report how it works in another week or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.