BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys...heres the story. I have a 21' Seaswirl Striper, I want...no wait...I AM putting a windlass on it, now heres the issue. I think I need to have fiberglass work done on it just to put it on. I need a professional opionion...Jawz...Barnicle...and whoever is out there...I need a price for installation...I will pick up a windlass...unless you have a better deal...LET ME KNOW!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Give a call

Streetman said:
Ok guys...heres the story. I have a 21' Seaswirl Striper, I want...no wait...I AM putting a windlass on it, now heres the issue. I think I need to have fiberglass work done on it just to put it on. I need a professional opionion...Jawz...Barnicle...and whoever is out there...I need a price for installation...I will pick up a windlass...unless you have a better deal...LET ME KNOW!!!!!
Give me a call, I installed 2 this week and could work a deal in the next week or two as the biggest expense is the wire. We have good deals on the widlass in the store and online.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANK YOU...thanks to both of you! I will get in contact with you fishinginfo...but I want to research Horizan first....a friend of mine has one and he has not had any problems with it. I have a unique situation...my rope locker door is more than likely where the windlass is going to be installed...so the door will have to be glasses in...I think. So I need to get an opionion on that issue.....toss me some fiberglass guys names...I know Jawz does it...is he still around?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,570 Posts
Streetman said:
THANK YOU...thanks to both of you! I will get in contact with you fishinginfo...but I want to research Horizan first....a friend of mine has one and he has not had any problems with it. I have a unique situation...my rope locker door is more than likely where the windlass is going to be installed...so the door will have to be glasses in...I think. So I need to get an opionion on that issue.....toss me some fiberglass guys names...I know Jawz does it...is he still around?
Depending a quite a few things...a windlass can be installed inside an anchor locker...quite common on some types of boats...

Depending on exactly what you are looking for and the anchor locker would determine....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got off the phone with Jawz...what I said about the fiberglass work...is kinda on target...now just to "get er done".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,058 Posts
Fishinginfo said:
Give me a call, I installed 2 this week and could work a deal in the next week or two as the biggest expense is the wire. We have good deals on the widlass in the store and online.

Mike
was one of those two mine? :rolleyes: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,609 Posts
Horizon is a nice winch with very little problems. Stay away from the model with the plastic wheel. Before you pick a winch be sure you have the right size rope locker. If your rope locker is to small then you will have nothing but problems and it will be a waste of money. The rope locker is the key in a winch working right or not. You will not have to do glass work for your hatch cover. Just mount a piece a 1/2 starboard to the bow and mount the winch into it. If you ask me nothing works better then the easy and cheap anchor ball system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
If you can bring the boat

barnaclebillsmarine said:
Horizon is a nice winch with very little problems. Stay away from the model with the plastic wheel. Before you pick a winch be sure you have the right size rope locker. If your rope locker is to small then you will have nothing but problems and it will be a waste of money. The rope locker is the key in a winch working right or not. You will not have to do glass work for your hatch cover. Just mount a piece a 1/2 starboard to the bow and mount the winch into it. If you ask me nothing works better then the easy and cheap anchor ball system.
I was thinking along this line myself, If your stopping by on Sunday and it's not too much of a pain bring the boat.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
One at the dock you can see

Streetman said:
Ok guys...heres the story. I have a 21' Seaswirl Striper, I want...no wait...I AM putting a windlass on it, now heres the issue. I think I need to have fiberglass work done on it just to put it on. I need a professional opionion...Jawz...Barnicle...and whoever is out there...I need a price for installation...I will pick up a windlass...unless you have a better deal...LET ME KNOW!!!!!
Streetman,

I just got a 97 21 Seaswirl that has the instlation you are looking for. They did it the way BB and I thought of.

If you want stop down and take a look at it, I know that they are fishing Wed. so give a call before you head down.

Mike
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top