BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be out this weekend fishing for winter flounder. Picked up some corn/dogfood for chum. Weather is looking great! :)

Anyone else going to give it a try?

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
have not been in this early in years last I remember it was pretty slow in the back of the bay I may try the stripers in the the back on sunday

·
Registered
13,779 Posts
winter flundies used to be thick in the navesing... hope you hit them good :thumbsup:

·
Registered
341 Posts
I fish down out of Manasquan since 2008 but always did very well at the keyport flats in 14-16 feet of water using chum logs and blood worms and followed the fish out and around the hook over several weeks. If the Navesink doesn't produce maybe try the flats. I fished just south of Mantaloking Sunday for a few hours and managed 4 keepers 16-17 inches. Great Luck

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was out there Saturday from 230-6, no luck. Heavy chum ( chum log, dog food, corn ). Better luck next time!

Ryan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Was out there Saturday......zero. Chum logs, corn/rice, sands. nothing worked. Sad state of affairs for winter flounder even with major restrictions in place. Sad!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.