BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked My buddy "Soggy Norm" into a winter flounder trip today, To nice to stay home! Trailed JR up to barnegat to look for some action. Very slow for us in the AM, headed outside to check water temps, around 38 just outside the north jetty. Headed back into the bay, water around 45 north of oyster creek 47 south of it. Headed into the creek and found some boats on the hook in 54.8 degree water :eek: !. We finally got some tasty flat fish in the box, only 6 to 15.5" but at least it was enough for dinner! It's been at least 25 years since I went winter flounder fishing, it won't be that long till I'm back doing it again :D ! Next time I'll bring more chum
!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by BIGGESTJACK:
PAT LAST YEAR IN APRIL THEY WERE CAUGHT IN GOOD NUMBERS BEHIND WILDWOOD AND UP TO 18". NOT HERESAY.
Now thats some water I know. I've never fished from a boat up at barney, tough not knowing the hot spots. Don't be surprised if you see me behind WW soon :D !

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Pat

It's good you got out and had some fun. Count me in for the next trip. ;)

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
AHHHHHHHHH a post from the Cyclops. Sure sign of spring
I'm jelous Pat.
ps When is Sr. going in?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike it won't long til the fat hit's the slip, first week of april should be in :D .

I went to RR pic posting school hope it works :D !

·
Registered
813 Posts
RR is a good perfesser. Nice Pics!

Way to get some dinner for Norm's family. Knowing the way Norm fishes, they probably forgot what fish tastes like

Pat Howz Jr. running? Did you mount the new BarnFest bench/rodholder?

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Pat,
the million $$ question is: What will your "neighbor" at Harbor View be sporting this season :confused:

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Man that's strange I don't see no yellow piece of [email protected]# sitting next to her. I do miss sitting on the fat boat. Come on april!! ;)

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Brother Al hit the bay at 7am yesterday and used 3 of those 116 chum log's that were made back in the 3rd week of Feb.
total for the day 14 flounder up to 17 inches. 1st day out for me will be 3/8 cannnnnn't wait

Scarface

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
WOW! Capt Pat is posting pics now, Im impressed. :D Hey Pat, thanks for the phone report yesterday. Glad you were able to put a few in the box, but I was thinking you were striper fishing. :eek: Give me a call when you get down this way. ;)

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
John (bass hound), your alive! :eek: Do we still have our first mate this year?? :D

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Whew! I'm glad I waited before posting my "I think I smell a skunk Thread". :D Pat you better get these reports out a little faster...especially when you call and royally bust my stones on such a nice day ;) Glad to see you caught.

Mike that's the million$ question for me too.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Pat way to get them my griend. Nothing like fresh fish on the skillet. Went out today and caught many Trout, Bluefish and Spanish Mackeral.Life is good.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Life is good indeed, Johnny D. Wouild you have it any other way?

Capt. Lew,
I'm looking forward to a fishing year more like 2002 than 2003. The tough part for me is that I'll be coaching and umpiring Little League, officiating swim meets, and sooner or later I'll have to go back to work. :rolleyes: And in the meantime, I still hope to earn the title you have bestowed upon me. If only I were worthy enough. ;) I just got home from the Legion *hic* so I'm not embarassed to say, "I love you, man!" :D

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by JP Canning:
Scarface,

Were you fishing Barnegat bay ??

What were you using for bait??

Thanks JP
Bloods, got'em in oyster creek itself.

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
Pat,
It's great to see you out there catching them up. Scratch the itch and cook-em up. HAPPY DAYS.

Ding

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.