BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess thats what I need to know is how good the winter flounder fishing is in those areas. You don't hear much about them

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
Spoke to the guys at Scott's last fall and they said that winter flounder was better up north, I know there are areas in Tom's River and Manasquan. However there have been occasions when I've caught them in Great Bay when out of season. Not the best info but I hope it helps.

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
Never tried it but I heard off of Gravel Point.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Perchhead,I have caught winter flounder in the Great bay ,last year I got some in the clam stakes chumming with clam,but if you what to catch alot of flounder you may what to fish in the Shark River ,Manaquan river,or the Toms River,good luck,Steve

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Perchhead,

Friends and I fish Barnegat Bay between the bridge in Seaside and South to the inlet, Winter Flounder fishing up here is excellent.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Like Mentioned Above,, Points North Seem To
Really Produce Big Time With Winter Flatties..

But That Doesn't Mean That Further South of
GreatBay They Are Not There, It's Just Not
A Popular Fishery,So You Really Don't Hear
About Them...

Give It A Try And Let Us Know How You Make Out,,

Also,, By The Way

PerchHead & VitalSigns,
Welcome to the BassBarn.Com,
Gald To Have You's Aboard...........

·
Registered
522 Posts
Used to be decent in back of Brigantine and in some of the creeks/cuts in Absecon but not too many out fishing for them any more.
Talked with a guy at my marina last year and he said if you know the spots fishing was still good.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Last year in "The Fisherman" they printed an article from "30 Years Ago" where they said that they were getting 20-30 flounder per man in Rainbow and Elbow Channels on 9th street. I never saw one caught there but saw four caught in Corsons in early May by someone fishing bloods on the bottom.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Originally posted by Scarface:
Perchhead,

Friends and I fish Barnegat Bay between the bridge in Seaside and South to the inlet, Winter Flounder fishing up here is excellent.
Hi Scarface,

I've been looking for some other fishermen to hook up with to fish the bay area you mentioned. I have a place in Bayville and Pine Beach. If you're open to having another along sometimes drop me an email. I have a 20 Ft Key West and I want to get in on some winter flounder fishing but I'm not too experienced at it.

Charlie

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Sounds Good Charlie My friends will start making the chum soon. I'll let you know when we start hitting them. there are actually 4 of us that have boats.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Hey, That's great Scarface. I have someone who wants to fish with me. He used to work at one of the tackle shops. Said if I take him he will bring the chum. Sounded like a good deal to me.

Put air the tires of my boat trailor. Boat is all gased up too. Haven't taken it out yet but I was tempted too.

Can hardly wait.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Hey Perchhead Ill help ya out with some SPOTS,E-mail me I have some that produce.Hey realaxation just relax that poor guy is new he doesnt know the unwritten code yet,Perchhead Welcome to the Barn.You got a GPS?HRL

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Sounds Good Charlie My friends will start making the chum soon. I'll let you know when we start hitting them. there are actually 4 of us that have boats.
Any trips being planned yet? I sent you an email. Charlie

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Not yet Charlie...we will start making our chum soon, probably looking at the 3rd week of March. i'll let you know
Anything happening yet? This weather has been bad. too much cold freshwater entering the river

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Charlie,

Actually I only made one trip so far, last Saturday, 3 of us got 9 after fishing hard for 7hrs. We made 3 moves and one was no better than the other. Big Al got 2 at the first spot, then we moved ,zero, then we made one last move and caught the incoming. picked up 7 more and then it shut off.
My boatis still covered, hopefully will start getting it ready this weekend.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts