BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time of year, I decided to finally bite the bullet and have the topside painted. I derigged and removed the hardtop, and all other hardware, and over to the glass shop she went. After sanding her down, all cracks fixed, holes filled, these pics are after primer. I decided on oyster white Awlgrip. Hopefully by next week I can start getting her back in fighting shape. The fiberglass and paint work is being done in Marmora @ Signature Fiberglass, which looks awesome. This is a 1978 Topaz, it's great to see 32 years of abuse disappearing. I'll post more pics. after paint.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I usually go back in mid May. I have to reinstall rubrail, bowrail, hardtop, rodholders, fuelfills, ect. All the old hardware is at the chrome shop. I was hoping to have C&C make me a new hardtop, but I just don't have the cash this year. Still deciding on replacing or reinishing the teak. Still working on before pics.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Painting is finished, here's a few pics of topside paint. Unfortunately I'm unable to find any before pics.(digital) I have many prints taken with disposables, with the hull bare and bottom blasted from a few years ago, that I wish I could post. Joe @ Signature did a great job, and is talking me into new rubrail. Possibly white with stainless insert, to replace the black I put on when the hull was painted about 4 years ago. Thanks for looking, I'll post more pics as she goes back together.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Painting is finished, here's a few pics of topside paint. Unfortunately I'm unable to find any before pics.(digital) I have many prints taken with disposables, with the hull bare and bottom blasted from a few years ago, that I wish I could post. Joe @ Signature did a great job, and is talking me into new rubrail. Possibly white with stainless insert, to replace the black I put on when the hull was painted about 4 years ago. Thanks for looking, I'll post more pics as she goes back together.
Boat looks good I just installed a white rubrail with stainless insert. It looks really sharp and yhou should definatel go with it over the rubber insert. Check my 20 foot seacraft restoration and you'll see how it looks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.