BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the last two years it looks like we may finally escape a harsh winter this year. The last two weeks have been spring like, I just took a look at the 10 day and most days will be in the high 50's to low 60's.
Looking back the mild winters were some of the best all around fishing years I've ever experienced. If this keeps up maybe we will only have February to deal with, I can handle 28 days of winter!
Now that the holidays have passed I plan on doing some serious freshwater fishing. Fishing is much more enjoyable when ice isn't forming on your rod tip. :D

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I agree the fishing heats up quick and the action is usually good. Cross your fingers!

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
"Green heads, knats and mosquitoes will be around in force."

Unlike last year? I didn't notice any drop in skeeters or strawberry flies last spring because of the harsh winter. In fact, they seemed worse than ever. There was so much water the skeeters were very abundant. Greenie season was a joke, though, which is always good.

·
Registered
16,683 Posts
Originally posted by mudcat:
The only problem with a mild winter is the potential bug problem that we will have this season. Green heads, knats and mosquitoes will be around in force.
I never "bought" that theory. Ever been to Ontario or Alaska? -30F in the winter and HUGE bugs in the summer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.