BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...ATLANTIC NJ-ATLANTIC COASTAL CAPE MAY NJ-BUCKS PA-CAMDEN NJ- CAPE MAY NJ-CAROLINE MD-CECIL MD-CHESTER PA-COASTAL ATLANTIC NJ- COASTAL OCEAN NJ-CUMBERLAND NJ-DELAWARE PA-DELAWARE BEACHES DE- EASTERN MONMOUTH NJ-GLOUCESTER NJ-INLAND SUSSEX DE-KENT MD-KENT DE- MERCER NJ-MONTGOMERY PA-NEW CASTLE DE-NORTHWESTERN BURLINGTON NJ- OCEAN NJ-PHILADELPHIA PA-QUEEN ANNE'S MD-SALEM NJ- SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON NJ-TALBOT MD-WESTERN MONMOUTH NJ- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF... ATLANTIC CITY... CAMDEN... DOVER... NEWARK... PHILADELPHIA... TRENTON... VINELAND AND WILMINGTON 400 PM EST WED FEB 23 2005
... WINTER STORM WARNING THURSDAY INTO THURSDAY NIGHT FOR 4 TO 9 INCHES OF SNOW...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR DELAWARE, NORTHEASTERN MARYLAND, SOUTHERN AND CENTRAL NEW JERSEY, AND SOUTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA. SNOW DEVELOPING AROUND OR SHORTLY AFTER SUNRISE THURSDAY OVER SOUTHERN DELAWARE AND THE NORTHEAST MARYLAND SHORE WILL SPREAD NORTHEASTWARD DURING THURSDAY MORNING.

THE WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES...

IN PENNSYLVANIA, PHILADELPHIA, DELAWARE, CHESTER, MONTGOMERY, AND BUCKS.

IN NEW JERSEY, MERCER, MONMOUTH, OCEAN, BURLINGTON, CAMDEN, GLOUCESTER, SALEM, ATLANTIC, CUMBERLAND, AND CAPE MAY.

IN DELAWARE, NEW CASTLE, KENT, AND SUSSEX.

IN NORTHEASTERN MARYLAND, CECIL, KENT, QUEEN ANNE'S, CAROLINE, AND TALBOT.

TRAVEL IS LIKELY TO DETERIORATE RAPIDLY DURING THE MORNING RUSH HOUR FOR NORTHEASTERN MARYLAND, DELAWARE, EXTREME SOUTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA, AND SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY AS SNOW ACCUMULATES 1 TO 3 INCHES... WITH TRAVEL EXPECTED TO WORSEN MARKEDLY FOR THE REST OF SOUTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA AND CENTRAL NEW JERSEY DURING MID MORNING AS THE SNOW SPREADS NORTHEASTWARD. 3 TO 6 INCHES OF SNOW WILL LIKELY ACCUMULATE BY DARK THURSDAY... AND DRIVING CONDITIONS WILL REMAIN DEGRADED FOR THE THURSDAY EVENING COMMUTE. A TOTAL OF 4 TO 9 INCHES OF SNOW IS FORECAST BY THE TIME THE STORM EXITS LATE THURSDAY EVENING OR AFTER MIDNIGHT.

SOME SLEET MAY MIX IN AT TIMES OVER SOUTHERN DELAWARE AND FAR SOUTHEASTERN NEW JERSEY ESPECIALLY RIGHT ALONG THE COAST.

CONSIDER DELAYING TRAVEL THURSDAY AND THURSDAY NIGHT UNLESS IT IS NECESSARY. IF YOU MUST DRIVE THURSDAY OR THURSDAY NIGHT, LEAVE EXTRA TIME TO REACH YOUR DESTINATION.

A WINTER STORM WARNING IS ISSUED WHEN SEVERE WINTER WEATHER IS EXPECT ED TO OCCUR. HEAVY SNOW AND/OR ICE ARE FORECAST TO ACCUMULATE IN THE AFFECTED AREAS CAUSING HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS. THOSE WITH TRAVEL PLANS IN THE WARNING AREA ARE ADVISED TO CHOOSE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE, OR SHOULD USE EXTREME CAUTION IF TRAVEL IS UNAVOIDABLE.

·
Registered
452 Posts
just heard about that, kind of a bummer. It would be nice if that was all we had to contend with, They say a bigger, potential nor'easter is forecasted for, of coarse, monday night into tuesday.

You know what they say about the month of march, in like a lion...

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Out like a big fat cow! or two. :D

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
And this is the smaller storm, with the biggie coming on Monday. Great for the kids but it is going to slow down the spring run in the rivers.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Strikes I hate to say I told you so but I did! Mid to late March before the season gets going. Forcast temps for the next 10 days are below normal!

I hope I'm wrong!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Bgsdad:
Strikes I hate to say I told you so but I did! Mid to late March before the season gets going. Forcast temps for the next 10 days are below normal!

I hope I'm wrong!
Bruce, Yep You Called It,,
The Water Temps Are Still Stuck in the Upper 30's
to 40 degrees..Possible Nor'Easter next week...
Not Looking Good...
Mid-Late March for sure,, maybe April....

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
High Tides Tomorrow Also ---

Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...ATLANTIC NJ-ATLANTIC COASTAL CAPE MAY NJ-CAPE MAY NJ- COASTAL ATLANTIC NJ-COASTAL OCEAN NJ-DELAWARE BEACHES DE- EASTERN MONMOUTH NJ-INLAND SUSSEX DE-OCEAN NJ- SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON NJ-WESTERN MONMOUTH NJ- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF... ATLANTIC CITY 440 AM EST THU FEB 24 2005
... MINOR TIDAL FLOODING POSSIBLE FRIDAY MORNING...

LOW PRESSURE OVER THE SOUTHEASTERN STATES EARLY THIS MORNING WILL MOVE NORTHEAST TO THE NORTH CAROLINA COAST THIS AFTERNOON. THE LOW WILL THEN INTENSIFY RAPIDLY WHILE MOVING NORTHEAST PARALLEL TO THE DELAWARE AND NEW JERSEY COASTS LATER TODAY INTO TONIGHT... AND THEN HEAD OUT TO SEA FRIDAY MORNING.

COASTAL AREAS CAN EXPECT INCREASING NORTHEAST WINDS... WHICH WILL GUST TO GALE FORCE LATE TODAY INTO TONIGHT. HIGHER THAN NORMAL TIDES AROUND THE FULL MOON, AND THE ONSHORE FLOW ASSOCIATED WITH THE STORM WILL CAUSE THE TIDE TO RISE TO ABOUT 2 TO 2 1/2 FEET ABOVE NORMAL. THESE TIDAL DEPARTURES MAY BEGIN TO SUBSIDE BY DAYBREAK FRIDAY AS WINDS SWING SLOWLY TO THE NORTH. BUT EVEN WITH A SMALL DROP IN TIDAL DEPARTURES... SOME MINOR TIDAL FLOODING IS POSSIBLE... ESPECIALLY IN THE NORMALLY SUSCEPTABLE AREAS ALONG THE NEW JERSEY AND DELAWARE COASTS AS TIDE HEIGHTS REACH AROUND 6 1/2 TO 7 FEET ABOVE MEAN LOWER LOW WATER AT HIGH TIDE FRIDAY MORNING. HIGH TIDE WILL OCCUR BETWEEN 830 AND 10 AM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts