BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bob Popovics recommends an 8" to 10" wire bite leader for his fies.
How do you store them when fishing so you can get them in action quickly?
I'm trying to come up with envelopes or boxes or bags or whatever to store/carry 'my stuff' when I'm out there.
Any ideas on either topic would be appreciated.

[ 03-21-2006, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Jim Warner_FlyNewbe ]

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I carry a fly wallet that I bought from Frank Mihalic.

It has ziplock plastic sections that hold all of my flies and leader material. Easy to tuck into my waders and very accessible to change my flies/leader as needed.

·
Registered
7,852 Posts
I have one of those wallets too. Love them for flies. I buy these little 3 to 4 inch long wire leaders with a duo snap attached. Makes it easy to change fles and I keep them in a very small ziplock bag to keep them separate from everything else.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Or use a 30lb bite tippet. Easier to carry around, IMHO :D

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
There is a tiable leader material plastic over wire. I use 17 lbs test. Great for the barracuda, mackeral & king fish down here & blue fish up there. This stuff is really great & fast.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
I bought beadalong plastic coated stranded wire, available up to 30lb test. You can tie with it as well. You can get it at almost any craft store.

Around my area, AC Moore carries it and always has 40 or 50% off coupons to use.

[ 03-21-2006, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: rob ]

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Beadalong plastic coated stranded wire---never heard of it but will try to find as they don't give the stuff I was talking about away. Thanks Rob

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
sorry for the misspelling (you probably would have found it anyway)... called Bead-alon (no 'G')
and of course you'll find it in the beading section of the craft store.

they carry different pound tests as well as different sized spools.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I carry my flies in a standard clear plano lure box. The box is about 8 inches long, so I pre-rig a few flies with wire leaders (6" long). If toothy critters are around, I just tie on one of the pre-rigged flies.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I bought a binder folder at Staples.Has plastic pages with cardboard backing. I use double sided tape to make sections.Working out well.I pre rig my flies with 30 or40lb. tippets and loop knots.Wire if nec.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts