BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After finished 44 of these, and sanding(pita) I will be busy for a while stringing nets...BUT, I still need to find the 'wire' for the clip...Pictured is a clip that I made with wire from a tomato cage that is 3/32" dia....I would like to find JUST the 3'/4'/etc length of galvanized wire and not the cage which limits me to lengths between welds...btw, I'm 0 for 2 on my previous posts???...3 strikes, I'm out...
137598134_423486479068212_4447249003536215324_n.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not sure what thickness would work but 2 ideas:
Lowes / Home Depot insulation support wire - 23.5" long pretty cheap
Welding supply shop - TIG wire is 36" long. They may have some stock they want to get ris of. usually 3/16" or 1/8"
Good luck

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
MerMay...That 3/32" TIG is filler and has zero strength as to bending...I've got some...Pretty sure the insulation wire will rust easy?

Road Apple...All of that would have to be 'reshaped', so to speak...With the wire/rod, you are 'just' bending basic 90*.....I'm guessing that is what would happen if it is all in a round(12"D?) circle?? Most of that Bluehawk etc has no tensile or bending strength??

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Go with snoods. Much easier to make, bait and clean up afterwards. ie. removing bait.

Got snoods in all(70+) other traps/rings...Snoods are easier to bait but after, the greasy chicken/slimy hands don't open the tight snoods that easy...With the clips you just run the pin through the neck..It will go in the middle of the bone easy and when done, open hook and dump...I've used both and gonna try about 30 this year with the clip...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts