·
Registered
6,515 Posts
moved to a different forum

RyanF

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
My guess is that this is a question related to my post.

2 reasons can cause this:

1. The post is blatently in the wrong forum. aka - Hi, Home Port Forum, I'm wondering about off-shore Tuna fishing. (Re-posted to offshore by mod...)

2. The post is in some way offensive. Either - the original poster (OP) says something negative/bad.... Or the thread is 'hijacked' and taken negative. In my case - I said i would not comply with certain regs. In other cases - i've seen a poster state a legal/normal post, but replies take the post negative in some way. (Example: OP: I like bluefish.... Replies: you are an idiot... thus --- Banned.)

I agree with the bans. The reason people visit this cite is no to argue forever. I've posted banned posts, i've replied to them.... The point of TBB is to discuss fishing issues.

Some of them are heated. The mods keep things under control - if not - "in control"... I have no problem with my post being ended - so long as it isn't deleted or something isn't edited.

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Huh :confused: Edited...deleted...bans...??

Maybe it's too early...I dunno? You guys are confusing the heck outa me ;) I believe JJM7 was asking about the icon that represents a thread that was moved to another forum

JJM - if ya look directly to the right of the icon you'll see the text - MOVED. That means the thread was moved to another forum. We do this when people post threads in the wrong forum.

Ryan had it right (Thanx Ryan!)

For example, I just moved a thread from the DB forum to the Tackle Box. It was a thread asking about what the best boat wax was. Why someone would post that question in the Delaware bay forum is beyond me?? But in any case, that's an example of why we need to move things around from time to time :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ron Redington said:
Huh :confused: Edited...deleted...bans...??

Maybe it's too early...I dunno? You guys are confusing the heck outa me ;) I believe JJM7 was asking about the icon that represents a thread that was moved to another forum

JJM - if ya look directly to the right of the icon you'll see the text - MOVED. That means the thread was moved to another forum. We do this when people post threads in the wrong forum.

Ryan had it right (Thanx Ryan!)

For example, I just moved a thread from the DB forum to the Tackle Box. It was a thread asking about what the best boat wax was. Why someone would post that question in the Delaware bay forum is beyond me?? But in any case, that's an example of why we need to move things around from time to time :)
Ron,,thanks I NOW I SEE I HAD THREAD IN WRONG FORUM,JUST LIKE THIS ONE IS..SORRY..I'LL CATCH ON

1 - 6 of 6 Posts