BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with the license how many times in aday will you be stopped if you go for a ride up the icw or outside from town to town ?

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
no more than you were before...

the police, marine police, and coasties always had the authority to stop you any time for a safety check...and were required to stop so many based on their commands decisions.

the coasties will not make any money from fines arising from not having your card (or on you) so they have nothing to gain by stopping you just because of the new requirement...in other words... no new resource for funds...

my guess is there will be a flurry of activity to heighten awareness at the beginning of the season...then die off to the normal hardly any stops except for fishing checks near the beginning of each season.

and as before...if you show them a copy of your latest boarding report...they usually just wave you on if you passed and it was recent....

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
there doesn't have to be an infraction now to board and safety check.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
always has been and probably always will be OK for a random stop for a safety check...any time...any place...

USCG holds that legal right near and dear...doesn't abuse it because it doesn't want to lose it...

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Capt. Scott, how you doing, we still gotta have that beer in the club. Wish I could help on the subject but I just work buoy's, getting ready for seasonals, can't wait. We were just sanding and painting our 1957 45 ft buoy tender for the past two months, after one day of working buoys, it'll be beat up like its been thu war, LOL. Take care, maybe we can fish the jetty sometime.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.