BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What an awesome day on the Adam Bomb II !! Capt Adam got us on 'em today despite crappy conditions; he worked his arse off!!

We got 5 nice fatties in the boat and missed about 8-10 more. Sea Caper had a real nice 32"-33"!! Easter weekend is a double with The Animal on Friday and hopefully a PM Saturday trip with Adam!!

The crew: Sea Caper (orange bibs), Newsbuoy (navy blue bibs) and me (yellow bibs).

Mrs. Crabbs: my hair is a mess and Capt Adam didn't shoot me from my good side. :D

[ 04-03-2004, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: phillyfisherman ]

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Thanx for the report Philly!

By the looks of things you guys were all alone...something ya don't see often in the Rips ;)

Btw, any particular colors work better then others? How about tide stages? Did they bite on the ebb or flood? Did Adam let ya use and "Fresh" or was it a 100% artificial day?

Sorry for all the questions but you know how us fisherman are, we like pictures and all but it's INFO were really looking for :D

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bassvamp:

LOL!!!! Definitely a female fish....her lips wouldn't stop flappin', so we sent her back and told her to get her big brother.

[ 04-03-2004, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: phillyfisherman ]

·
Registered
16,417 Posts
Nice James, glad to See you had a good time.

What's w/ the gloves, and why are you holding that bass like a football :D

[ 04-03-2004, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: CaptG ]

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Sound like at least one is still swimming. :D Ron

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What's w/ the gloves, and why are you holding that bass like a football
Matt: Thanks, man!! Skip made fun of my gloves too!
It was bleepin' cold out there and even though I love the cold, my hands don't...they crack and bleed.

That bass wouldn't stay still for her pic, so I slapped a sleeper hold on her.
Imagine that, an uncooperative female!! :eek: :D

Sparse grey: Thanks, man! I released one and kept one for dinner. :D

·
Registered
14,739 Posts
What's up Philly, how come you have the smallest fish? I can see I'm gonna have to give ya some pointers....Oh, and I hope you don't treat your women like you treated that fish!
BTW, What the heck is up with the rainbow bibs, you all remind me of Teletubbies ;)
:D Just kidding!! I am disappointed that nobody invited me over for striper! :(

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bob:

The fishies were actually bigger than they look....but with my immensity as a background, they look like guppies. :eek: :D ;)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Great Catch Jim,

Now I gotta put you on some.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Hey guys! It certainly was a pleasure having you aboard the Adam Bomb II. Jim, you did a great job breaking in that new rod and reel setup! Let me tell ya', it performed very nicely! I told you we would break that "rip fishing skunk" that you thought you had! It goes to show you that you gotta' keep the faith! :D

Anyhow, great fishing with you, and I can't wait to yell "Fish on!" with ya' again!

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Capt Phil:

Gonna be down Somers Point for BayDay (April 24) and staying at Pier 4. If you put a crew together, PUHHHLEASE let me know....I'd rather head out on the Seadated than walk around looking at arts and crafts!!!

Capt Adam:

Just saw the marine forecast for Friday 4/9: wind and scattered showers down there. I'm soooo pissed...planned on a double with Skip and Jeremy. Planned to stay over Friday & Saturday at the Jersey Cape and go out with you for Saturday PM....weather looks good on Saturday.

Hope the Friday forecast improves over the next few days...please keep me informed on conditions for Friday/Saturday!

Thanks.....Jim

PS....Can I buy that "lucky" bucktail from you?? Since I lost my Rips skunk on that baby, I need to keep it!! :D :D It's still tied on....I won't even take it off.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Jim! I'll give you that bucktail as a congratulatory gift for your first rip-caught striper! Keep it safe, and think of your trip of the ABII everytime you cast it! :D

Lookin' forward to getting together Saturday to catch 'em up again!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Adam,

Your killing me...Can't wait until the 24th.

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Originally posted by phillyfisherman:

Just saw the marine forecast for Friday 4/9: wind and scattered showers down there. I'm soooo pissed...planned on a double with Skip and Jeremy. Planned to stay over Friday & Saturday at the Jersey Cape and go out with you for Saturday PM....weather looks good on Saturday.

Hope the Friday forecast improves over the next few days...please keep me informed on conditions for Friday/Saturday!

Thanks.....Jim

Jim,

We really can't go the long term forecast...You really can't go the next day forecast...Just gotta wake up and go this time of year. We'll see what happens...Great job the other day! ;)

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Skip:

The only way I won't be there Friday is if I croak before then!! :D ;)
Plus, I gotta feed The Animal some good Philly food...a MONSTER Italian hoagie from Greenman's deli!!

I'd just like to catch a nice weekend with decent weather so I can wear these :cool:

Adam:

Thanks man.....I'm gonna use that thing til it falls apart then I'll bronze it and hang it on my wall of fishing shame....ooops, I mean fame!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.