BASS BARN banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the day out great. Cought one 26 in bass out front of Strathmere. Cought plenty of good sized doggies. Wind changed so I went in the back to Corsons. Fished till 30 minutes before dark. Packed my surf gear in the back or my pick up and my back pack full of all my salt water tackle. Walked away for 20 minutes to zoom the last bit of light. Came back and my gear was gone. I was parked in the parking lot at the ramp. Plenty of others around to see. Luckilly my sticks were left, just got my tackle. So disapointing that with all the problems in the country, that some a.. hole has to do something so selfish as to steal a fellow anglers gear. I have given lead, hooks, and other miscilanious bits of tackle to complete strangers to help them out, I am by far a stingy guy. It happened Sunday night and I am still dissapointed. I guess you really can't trust ANYONE....

·
Registered
723 Posts
gilly i feel ur pain its ashame that someone went so low as to steal ur gear u would think that sportsman would have more heart then that but it goes to show that there are always bad eggs in every group.if u need any tackle u can come up to dicks and i can get u my discount 25%.i know i wont be able to replace everything but its worth a shoot.
shawn

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appriciate it Clamchunker. I went to Dicks in Deptford today with my son and picked up some gear for the IBSP turnament. Which Dicks do you work at....

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Gilly that sux...Maybe you will be down there one day and notice that a-hole walking around with your tackle box.Then you can call the cops and have him arrested!!!!....He probaly isn't a real fishermen!!!...Just a pretender!!!.....Good luck!!!

·
Registered
19,685 Posts
Gilly

I had my gear ripped off out of my car in my driveway about 10 years ago... check with your insurance agent, there is a good chance the entire loss is covered under your homeowners policy... mine was and I had one serious shopping spree...

Still sux tho.....sorry to hear about it

S

·
0 Posts
where did this happen? I've heard that some thefts have occured in/around LBI the past couple weeks. i agree with Ed, i hope you contacted the police, it is necessary if you are going to the insurance company. also check with any local baitshops to see if anyone has been around tryin to sell some tackle.
Nick

·
Registered
723 Posts
i work out at the one in exton i know its a little bit of a ride but tackle can add up . plus u get 25% off and u can meet yet another barner.

·
Registered
723 Posts
i work out at the one in exton i know its a little bit of a ride but tackle can add up . plus u get 25% off and u can meet yet another barner.if not i will see you down at the new dolphin before the tournament. if u need some stuff but dont want to take the ride give me a list and i will see what i can do.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I guess it's just like in the ocean, there's always going to be a few bottom feeding scum suckers.

You may want to check ebay and other auction sites over coming months for tackle boxes. I read an article about stolen gear being sold there. Sometimes complete boxes are advertised as coming from estate sales, which they often do, but others are stolen. I would file a police report for insurance, for potential reclaim of property and for police stats.

What goes around comes around, sometimes it just takes awhile.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Gilly, that's a shame. The wrong stuff always seems to happen to those who least deserve it. I leave gear in my pick up all the time there...now I'll think twice.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
DEFINITELY FILE APOLICE REPORT AND CONTACT YOUR INSURANCE CO - I HAD 4 RODS & REELS AND A DIGITAL CAMERA STOLEN OUT OF MY CAR - STATE FARM COVERED IT - LUCKILY i KEPT RECEIPTS.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
If you make a claim with your insurance company, ask if it will increase your rates for the next three years. It my not be worth making the claim.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Hey Gilly I was there and believe I talked to you that evening before you left. Felt real bad for you man, the hard thing to believe it that plenty of people were around and it was still daylight.
I told you it happened to me before, just wish there was something we could do about it.
I'm kinda surprised anyone with the balls to take your gear didn't attempt to take the rods too.
I make sure to lock up my car where ever I'm at, even if it's just for 2 minutes that I'll be away from my car if I plan on staying for more than an hour I take all my fishing gear out with me.
You should post exactly what you lost because lots of us fish down there and may run into the guy that took your bag.
Hope you do well at the ISBP tourney, sorry to hear about your loss. We'll be keeping an eye out for it.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I appricite the sympathy guys. It isn't worth the trouble to call the cops...for only a couple hundred bucks in gear. The worst thing stolen was the camera I had taken pictures of my fiances weakie the week before. She pulled in a 36 incher and couldn't wait to show her coworkers. Biggest fish of her life and now just a memory no proof.....Like I said it wasn't everything I had just my surf tackle. More of a disapointment.

Frank thanks for the help. I grew up in woodstown did we go to school together??????I graduated in 97.....

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Gilly21,
Sorry to hear about this,,,Its not the first
time down there...and I will make sure to talk
to the authority's next time I am down.I mentioned
it before to the OCPD about the situation there..
Doesn't Hurt to Mention it again..
Best Thing Guys-that fish the area,is to keep
you eyes open,lock up ,and maybe these low lifes
will be caught..

Also Gilly21,
Did you recieve my Email today,concerning your
contact # (cell phone)for this Sat.?/
Let Me Know,,

Thanks Bud,,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts