BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the bay today, started fishing around 7am caught the last hour of the incoming, caught 1 throwback flounder, the tide turned and once again the wind was against the tide, did not catch anything else. Headed back in at 11:30, this weekend isn't looking good but I don't think it is going to hurt anything out there, it will help people from wasting their money on gas and bait.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Sorry conditions weren't better Bob. Hey you gave it a shot,that's all any of us can do.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Thanks for the report. Still better than working. And you might find some new grounds to explore if you venture from your ususal haunts.

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Bunker Bob said:
Hit the bay today, started fishing around 7am caught the last hour of the incoming, caught 1 throwback flounder, the tide turned and once again the wind was against the tide, did not catch anything else. Headed back in at 11:30, this weekend isn't looking good but I don't think it is going to hurt anything out there, it will help people from wasting their money on gas and bait.
hey bob everybody has days like that, you just have to put in the time. i have been keeping a log for 25years. when the right conditions exist those spots that consistantly caught over the years still produce. record keeping is important. Mistylady

696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Ross, I kept records for 4 years when I used to put in at the fort but most of them were for weakfish. The fish were in the spot I was fishing on friday because I fished there the day before under better conditions and caught fish. I am thinking about buying one of those tide socks that you put out to slow down your drift.

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
Bob, the only way the drift sock will slow you down is if the wind is pushing you. I was drifting at 2.9k the other day, so I put out the drift sock just to see. Just what I thought. The sock slowed me down .2k so I was still drifting at 2.7k. They're useless when the current is pushing you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bob, sorry to hear it is slow

Bunker Bob said:
It looks like my brother and I will stick with the surf fishing for the time being.
Bob

696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pinehill Bob. You and your brother Mike aren't missing much right now as far as the delaware bay is concerned but it could be good come the middle of August,Sept. I hear they are killing kingfish in the surf on bloodworms, would I like to catch a few of them. Good Luck, Bob and Mike.

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Bunker Bob said:
Hi Ross, I kept records for 4 years when I used to put in at the fort but most of them were for weakfish. The fish were in the spot I was fishing on friday because I fished there the day before under better conditions and caught fish. I am thinking about buying one of those tide socks that you put out to slow down your drift.
if the wind is pushing you, the drift sock works. i use mine once in awhile. i also change to up to 6 ounces of lead when those conditions exist. that gives me a vertical line condition to fish. you will catch more fish that way then having your line scopped way out their. Mistylady

1 - 12 of 12 Posts