BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...fishing if a saltwater license is required?

This is a follow-on to NightStrikes poll about the SW license question.

Don't get me wrong, I am totally against a SW license.

But I'm curious if those who said "no" would give up fishing if such a license is required?

[ 06-23-2004, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Flattop ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
NO, I would never give up fishing for anything...
It's In My Blood,Forever..........

·
Registered
548 Posts
with the money i have invested in the sport there is no way i'de give it up but i certainly would not be happy paying for a licence

·
Registered
127 Posts
i would not want to pay the state to fish in saltwater, they do not stock it they have no right to tell what i can do. And how would it work out for out of state people soo many people would not follow it because they wouldnt know. Some poeple even dont know there is size and number limits on fish i saw some guy from ohio with about 40 flounder from 10-20 inches about. It would be obserd to think they could enforce such a law as to have a saltwater liscence if they cannot deal with the regulations they have now. If it did become manditory i would buy it definitly.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I would have no problem paying for a licence if the money went dirctly to the fishery. Like figuring out the striper sores. Problem is the Jersey is so bass ackwards and crooked that it would all just go into the pockets of greedy polititians.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
But Guys,
The Question is:
"Would You Give Up Fishing If
A SaltWater License Is Required"

Yes or No ???

Not Why,or Reasons Against A License....

And Its Very Possible It Could Come To
This Here In N.J. in the Near Future..........

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No. I would not give up fishing.

·
Banned
2,856 Posts
NEVER! They have been doing this to NJ hunters and soon the Fishing liscenses will equal the price we pay for Hunting liscenses and permits.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Of course no one will give up fishing. That's why the 'tax'. The gov't. knows that for sure. The same for any taxes. You won't give up your home, your booze, gas, cigs. or anything else that's taxed.

You don't see them talking about a license to put a stick in your eye!

It's greed preying on wants and needs.

·
Registered
775 Posts
YES,I would give it up for a short period of time. I would like the state to see the impact that the recreational fishermen have on the economy in places along the coast. If you don't buy the bait, tackle and supplies,you're going to hurt the small business folks. These folks will in turn go out of business causing the state to lose tax and licensing and unemployment money. It's a crappy cycle and I would hate to hurt the small business folks, but I'm the type of person that likes to stir the pot....Just my .02...V

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Nope...I even give MD 40 bucks a year to fish there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wouldn't pay because all the money I get goes to fishing, and with the gas prices going up I'd be broke

1 - 20 of 97 Posts