BASS BARN banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Good ansewer Biggest....but how many fish will there be in the Rips a few years down the road after a couple of years of fishing the EEZ????

·
Banned
964 Posts
Originally posted by FINZ UP 1289:
When and if EEZ is open, would you fish out there too? I know i would!
Doubt it... Why burn the fuel if I can catch 'em at my usual spots in close or a short trip in the Bay?

I suppose if there was a sudden shift and my usual haunts slow or dry up... but I still doubt it.

I'd rather spend the money on bait and beer than fuel.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
SHOEB,so where ya go when the rips are filthy dirty,after all the feeders and main river dumpin into it are like chocolate milk,with a blow out low tide phaze,where those bay fish biting then???the 8's,hmm.3-5 less miles out the front,and everyone is catching,what do you do?????and no im not in favor of opening the eez just asking a question,Vinny

[ 02-05-2004, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: VDAWG ]

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I was thinking about the Gill Net :D

·
Banned
964 Posts
Come on, Vinny... you know how this place is about spots... Suffice it to say, I've found a few places to keep me entertained, even in filthy water.. Think back water, a leeward beach, or right in the snot of the rips.. Actually, some of my best days for rip action were in the snottiest weather when most boats bagged it.

I just don't see the need to go more than 3 miles for fish I can find closer.

But, like I said... if those holes dry up, yeah, I'll go further.... or I'll clam that day...

Editted to add:
And if they open the EEZ, you don't think FFB will be as much of a circus as the rips and lower shoals of the bay already are? Sure there's more room (relative term)... but it'll draw more of a crowd from the northern inlets.

[ 02-05-2004, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: ShoeB ]

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
ShoeB,i hear ya.must be back waters,snotty days in the rips,hell ya you can catch a ton of fish,but chocolate milk i seriously doubt it!!no doubt clams could work in the chocolate milk,but if ya had say 4-6 people to make happy,you going to clam in the bay,I doubt it. and im not even going there on the subject of the F word!!!But hey may you never have to go more than 3 miles to catch striped bass!!!!God Bless ya,Vinny
Remember this thread said if the EEZ was opened,on that note how many people would cut off their nose to spite their face??????

[ 02-05-2004, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: VDAWG ]

·
Banned
964 Posts
I hear ya, Vinny... I too hope the EEZ stays closed till I'm worm food...

Ask me about my "chocolate milk tricks" at the next SJCFA meeting.

·
Banned
964 Posts
BJ, how far are the rips from CM Inlet? or good bottom feature from the Canal from that matter? (forget the fleet action at Brown Shoal, don't even need to go that far.) Nice short ride for some of us. (I'm all for the "if it ain't broke" school of thought. Not that the current regs are perfect, but they're far better than opening up the EEZ.)

[ 02-05-2004, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: ShoeB ]

·
Banned
964 Posts
Maybe I should have limitted my response to:

Would I? NO!

·
Registered
46 Posts
who cares about your big earnie fingers from sesame street,dude stop showing your yellow school bus no body cares......

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
Another fine response from one of our brightest members, Whoaa :confused: ....

I would if for some reason the bay dried up and there were no fsh in the bay... :D

I think i would give it a try,but i will stick in the bay and rips for the most part (unless i get a good report from someone out there),then you will see me buzz out there!!!
You know the old saying.."Where ever the fsh are thats where i'll be!!!" :D

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
I LIKE THE LITTLE YELLOW SCHOOL BUS,WAS MY ONLY WAY OF GETTIN TO SCHOOL,GUESS IM SPECIAL :D LOL,At least when Brian posts he has something of value to say,and he hasnt even posted in this thread.YOu have issues dude!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
964 Posts
Maybe this pic is less offensive to the remedial group. (probably not to the C&R group though.. oh well)

[ 02-06-2004, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: ShoeB ]

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
yes i would still fish.but by opening the eez that allows the commerical guys to catch the bass and after a few years they will be wiped out again and i dont want to see that.i love to fish for stripers and dont want to see them deminish.stipers is one of my favorite fish to catch.evan though i have not broke the 25 pound mark yet.hopefully this spring will be the ticket.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts