BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
7,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up until cell phones I always wore a watch but never gave it much thought. Over on the other board there was a thread about watches and I headed down a deep wormhole.

Ended buying a couple Seiko's, a 5 series and a srp777.

Someday if I'm ever making, or run into, some real coin I'd like an Alpinist but you gotta start somewhere I guess.

Anybody else out there wearing a watch these days ?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I'm a watch guy myself and wear one everyday. I think I own about 15 or so, all different types and price ranges. Buying them can be worse than buying fishing tackle!! My favorite watch is an antique Omega pocket watch that was made into a trench style wrist watch. The face has the JS Garrison store, Cape May, NJ. Its over 100 years old and was when companies would brand the watches for their retailers.

·
Registered
13,770 Posts
Ever since I broke my left wrist, which was about 7-8 years ago, I haven’t worn a watch. I don’t like how it feels on my wrist. And I have more than a few watches.

·
Registered
14,225 Posts
Truth is i always wore one till i retired now i never wear one and don't miss it.

·
Registered
31,237 Posts
I have a 200 year old gold pocket watch that's been in my family and I'll continue to pass down but that's about it.

I've never worn a watch, never will and see no need for one

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
I wear a Timex. Nothing fancy. Day, date and indiglo!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Kids got me a Garmin it does just about everything. Can mark gps spots and control certain electronics. I like the cell phone notifications. You can delete a call from the watch. It also reminds you to walk more and monitors sleep. I love it. I do have an older Seiko my dad passed down.

·
Registered
20,044 Posts
That's funny REN, I was over there today and got buried int he same thread...

I've got a couple of beat them to death."fishing" watches.. a Luminox and a G-Shock..... but my everyday & dress watch is a present my Dad gave me about 5 years before he passed which was 21 years ago this July, a stainless Rolex Oyster Perpetual. I also have his everyday Omega in a box in my drawer.. take it out every once in a while but still have not worn it.

·
Registered
24,844 Posts
Wear the Samsung watch. Love it.

Reactions: ARMED4BEAR

·
Registered
17,375 Posts
Last watch I had I took off one the bench, playing hockey, and left it there some 20 years ago. I see no need for one. Clock in the car, clocks in the house on so many different electronics and yes the cell phone. I guess if you think of it as jewelry it would make sense but that's not for me.

·
Registered
16,436 Posts
Been wearing a watch everyday since high school. Alternate Rolex and Omega.

·
Registered
31,936 Posts
Always been a watch guy. I like a nice watch, but not crazy. A $200-300 watch looks good, keeps good time and doesn’t break the bank. Have had Sieko and Citizen mostly. I’m getting a Bulova for a work anniversary gift. I think it’s easier to check the time by glancing at your wrist than it is getting the phone out of your pocket.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts