BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1995 23WA Parker lost its Johnson 200 Oceanrunner on Sunday.. The piston rod went through the sidewall on my last trip of the year.

I am in need a new engine and am on a budget. I'd prefer the workhorse of the industry, a Yamaha, but will consider something else if the price is right.

I am looking for something rebuilt or with low hours possible from the late 90's or newer...

Also, does anyone have any ideas on how much I should be looking to spend and how to finance an expense of this nature.

Christmas is around the corner and I have been a good boy... Does Santa fish in his off time?
I am trying to keep positive because it could of happened in May...

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Please e-mail right away with a phone number,I might be able to help you out

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Emails are sent guys,

Thanks...

Here is mine in case someone else reads this...

[email protected]

Thanks to all the barners out there in advance....

This is definitly a good service...

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Barnacle Bill can set you right with a GREAT deal on motors, I think he has used ones now and then, but defintely THE SWEETEST deals on new. Hell even finance you with a BB card, first few months are interest free I THINK, not sure but I THINK Hes got a deal like that going on,ask him Im sure hell tell you all about it.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
"Barnacle Bill can set you right with a GREAT deal on motors, I think he has used ones now and then, but defintely THE SWEETEST deals on new. Hell even finance you with a BB card, first few months are interest free I THINK, not sure but I THINK Hes got a deal like that going on,ask him Im sure hell tell you all about it".

Yea...a great deal on another time bomb.
Sorry, but it is what it is.

[ 12-01-2005, 05:20 AM: Message edited by: catch22 ]

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
If there such a time bomb why dont you hear any horror storys about them??? Sounds to me like your just a BRP basher. Out off all the ETEC's we sold we had only one back. We have some commercial boats with over 1,000 hours and no problems. Everyone has there personal engine brand they like. You like yam's good for you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
keoki,had my 1996 200hp oceanrunner same problemm 2 weeks ago ,do you know what piston went mine was #2cylinder port side I was wondering if this is a commom problem for that size engine had the boat 3 yrs ran great also in the same boat might go with rebuilt powerhead not cheap but cheaper than a new one probably go your route searching around ,only problem I have is wondering if i could run into same problems new engine is on my wish christmas list!!!!!HO HO!!!have a nice christmas Please let me know if you know what cylinder and how you make out

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
There is a 1999 250hp Yami forsale on one of the other striper sites for $4500. E-amils and I will tell you where.

·
Banned
2,690 Posts
for what it's worth.....
DO NOT BUY USED WITHOUT CHECKING THE ENGINE OUT!!!! beware of these"shady fly by night" wanna be mechanics too....
any and all engines will fail-they're mechanical...no engine is imune to break downs....maintainance is the key to a long life,you can have the best engine made and destroy it in a season by lack of care and services...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts