BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
The beauty of this boat is that its simple to maintain, inexpensive to operate, incredibly easy to trailer and it doesn't take up a lot of storage room.

Here are the details:
Boat: 1988 BlueFin 14'10" aluminum boat-side console steering
Engine: 1987 25 hp Johnson outboard
Trailer: original to match boat. I completely tore it down to the frame last spring and put on new carpeted bunks, brackets, springs, wiring and lights, keel and bow rollers, winch, and spare wheel with tire. The wheels have Bearing Buddies.

Extras: older model HummingBird fish finder, compass, new battery, new fuel pump, two (2) new gas tanks (one unused) with new connectors, oar, navigation lights, new tie down straps, two (2) fold down swivel seats. One of the seats could use a new swivel. Also included is a new, easy to install, aluminum side console to replace the existing wooden one. I replaced most, if not all, of the nuts and bolts with stainless steel ones.

What needs to be done: Nothing really. However, I would replace the existing steering console with the aluminum one that's included. Very easy to do Also, the interior of the boat could use to be painted. I removed some wood the previous owner had installed and fill the holes with Marine-Tex, a filler specifically designed for marine applications. The interior is scratched up so a good paint job, while not necessary, would make the boat more asthetically pleasing. Mechanically, the boat is in great shape. It's a two to three person boat. As I said previously, its inexpensive to maintain and operate and its easy to trailer so you can take it to different places to fish.

Price: $1,750

·
Registered
980 Posts
shoot me a email if interested a friend of mine has a couple of them on new trailers I think the last one sold for not much over 1,000 but they are glass

1 - 5 of 5 Posts