BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31,677 Posts
i have a small mcullagh or something like that.
yes it runs chain needs sharpening. can post details tom. 25 dollars

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Red,

for what kind of use

very occasionally
often

I am no professional but a frequent user lol
and could suggest something if u would like

unless there is a treeman on board

·
Registered
994 Posts
Red, if you just want to borrow one let me know. If you need a blade sharpened same thing. I dont have any that work for sale. Bob, whats wrong with yours? I have a ton of spare parts around.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Ok cool.

Something used or as already mentioned above will be ok for then.

I have a fireplace plus I found myself cutting down more and more and more trees for family friends neighbors, plus ALL kind of misc stuff.
Currently I have 4, 1 echo, 1 craftsman, 1 poulan
and 1 stihl.

Craftsman actually has a very reasonable priced but pretty powerful 18in 55cc saw for around $210

ALSO check out Sears lawn and garden section as they almost always have a saw around where someone used it once then returned it.

Good Luck

·
Registered
990 Posts
But if your going new look at stihls i just got an easy pull system say 18" blade for $289 the cool thing is that when you go to start it you pull the cord twice and about a half second after the second pull a spring thats prewound from the pulls turns the motor over. Really easy on the hands as i have arthritis in mine but sears had something advertised now saying it had the easy pull system dont know how good theres is. Sears saws are ok if you dont need them all the time but we run the hell out of them 20-30 cords of wood a year and we get about 3 years out of a sears before they need to be rebuilt. I just bought a new poulan and gave it to my father in law when i got the stihl, that son of a ***** would rip your hand off when starting i used it one day and gave it to him and got the stihl. Have you looked at electrics by any chance thats what we use next to the splitter to cut stuff down because you dont have to keep starting and they are around $60.

·
Registered
31,595 Posts
Originally posted by Red_Cherokee:
I just need one to occasionally cut some firewood, nothing huge. Bob, did Rach break it on purpose? :D
Every damm thing she uses she breaks

Mine has some carb issues, try to prime it and the gas leaks right out.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
We got my dad a new 18" Stihl 025 a few years ago for Christmas...everytime we use it he comments on how much he loves the saw. He loves having us boys because we (or advise mom to) buy him great toys :D

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
McColloughs or Poulan seem ok, for the price they are new. Having a good chain is half the battle too.

·
Banned
13,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by phish4fun:
i have a small mcullagh or something like that.
yes it runs chain needs sharpening. can post details tom. 25 dollars
Thanks Chris, you must be an electrician, you have a Christmas light set-up that Clark Griswald would be proud of. I knew you were an electrician for sure when I saw the streetlight hookup on your tree! Schweet! Thanks again brother.

·
Registered
31,677 Posts
LOL I AM NOT DONE YET. WITH WORK AND FISHING ITS HARD TO PUT IT ALL UP.LOOKS LIKE THIS WEEKEND I SHOULD LIGHT THEM UP.NO NEED TO TAP INTO THE STREET LIGHT WE JUST USE METER BYPASS DEVICES.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts