BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's that time, trying to relive the past. Had a 1969 back then and "need" another 'bird now.
Firebird up into the 70's ok too.

Thanks guys and I know ebay, but I'd rather not travel for this and buy somewhat local.

Larry
[email protected]
609 314 4478

·
Registered
990 Posts
there is a place in berlin area and stratford area on the white horse pike that picks up old cars they have about 80 different cars on the lot

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
smokey and the bandit car right around the corner from me....been out there a month?

in Monroeville, just of RT55

don't know if the upper 70's style fit your bill

email or respond here.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
is that the smokey and the bandit 77 car or that hokey 79 with the offset scoop?

My very first (and highly illegal) car test ride was a 77 T/A with the 6.6 liter engine, was down in orlando and grabbed a shuttle from disney world (hey I was sixteen, whats more fun, getting away with a test ride or some goofy kiddie rides?) No license, no permit, nuffin, just me giving them a story about dad buying me either a corvette, a z-28 or a Trans Am (the mustang ii at that time was a total JOKE, even with the 302 King Cobra package (which was cool, but hey, aint no Trans AM!) I remember twisting that key and the tach sweeping over, the hood scoop torquing the other way and that four tip exhaust rumbling its way to a howl ... and cutting the thick leather rimmed, stylized TA wheel at 50 to grab a sharply curved on ramp, punching it on the on ramp to the expressway and UPHILL mind you hitting 80 by the time we were at the top of the ramp. White with a red interior, what a beauty she was!

I was buzzed for YEARS over that, I feel a little giddy now thinking about it, what an AWESOME car!

(if I keep watching that Hot Rod show on discovery channel, Im going to find myself trying to pull off a boyd coddington with one of those ... oh my god ... THIRTY YEAR OLD CARS???

:cool:

·
Registered
572 Posts
See this Firebird sitting outside for the past 10 years. Never moved or covered. The person that owns it does not live where it is and supposedly has a dozen kids. The people want the car moved...but I cant get the owner to sell. I have a 68 Camaro Convertible that I am restoring...fun..but $$$$!

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Black Tie auto sales in Stratford on RT 30, next to the Ford dealer. He has tons of old muscle cars on commission. Most cars are in great shape so expect to pay$$.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks or the input so far.

Hey Ray, awesome story. Those mustangs just didnt have it going on then. For that matter neither did most of the 'vettes from that era.

Floorman, I'd rather buy from an owner rather than a dealer.

Thaks

·
Registered
596 Posts
I know you said 70's but just thought i add my 2 cents my brother has a 1980 firebird with factory t-tops. This car is the cleanest 1980 i have ever seen.I am not just saying that either cause i don't even like him that much. LOL If you wanna check it out shoot me a e-mail.
Car is in paulsboro

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Over,

Just looking for a good 8 cylinder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts