BASS BARN banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man what happened to the thunderstorms and and rain? I wanted to go out today in Barnaget to check it out but tha weather man said don't go. Now the suns out and there's no one around to go and it would be noon before I even got out there. Damn. I quess I'm hitting the river to liik for herring.

Don C

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Yeah weatherman sux big time!! I am having the cable guy over to look at my cable and the only reason I told the cable company today is because of the bad weather that we where going to get:mad: :rolleyes: Should have known:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I must say I'm happy the weatherman was wrong. I'm taking my son to Reading to see the Reading Phillies. We were planning on going even if it rained.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
akozols said:
I must say I'm happy the weatherman was wrong. I'm taking my son to Reading to see the Reading Phillies. We were planning on going even if it rained.
Very cool Have a good time with your son. I guess there is always a brighter side to a bad weather forcast;) :cool:

BTW the cable guy has a 1/2 hour and I am out of here!!!!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got to the ramp in Florence and the rain and lighting strated, so home we came. I left the gear on the boat and it's ready to go when the rain stops.

Don C

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
don, let me know if ya gots room fer another, iam game, i have about a week before my boat is ready (waiting for pieces parts)

·
Registered
713 Posts
T-storms

Just got in from BL. Thunderstorms definitely came in. Water temp dropped overnight. Saw a seal sitting on the rocks at Andy's last night. Saw 1 skate caught. All I caught was a roastbeef, turkey and cheese sandwich, but it was damn good.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the sun came out as I hit the submit so out the door we went. We hit the water by 12:20 and went north. We got to the Duck Island boat ramp and there was Losedrag in his yak. He said that there are some herring around. We rode up to the bridge and the water was ripping, the tide was half out. So we went back around the marina and my wife and I caught a herring each and I had three perch. I only had a Danforth anchor so I couldn't get it to hold bottom were I wanted to so it could have been better fishing. It was a great day on the river with my wife and son. It worked out well.

Don C
P.S. Anyone know were I can get a good rock bottom anchor that will hold a 23' boat in a strong current.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am heading south from to central jersey to get a line wet and chase some of the trophy cows that I have read about over the past few days and need some help. Is my best opportnity to fish from shore at "Elk Neck State Park?" Thanks to Captain Ed for some advice already..... Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
352 Posts
don i seen you up in trenton yesterday trying to hold bottom. LOL. go up to boaters world at franklin mills they had some in stock last time i was there. they had two sizes and the bigger on should hold you boat good. if you know anyone that welds you can bend 5 concrete curb pins and weld them togeter with an eye on the top and some chain. and you will be good to go. just make it strong you dont want the graples to bend at all.

·
Registered
225 Posts
" Anyone know were I can get a good rock bottom anchor that will hold a 23' boat in a strong current."

A guy sold me one he had made out of rhubard right out of his trunk @ the duck island ramp a few years ago. He is the same guy who sells tackle(sabiki rigs and lead). Nice design of a river anchor with an added feature which will allow you to pull the anchor from the bottom as well........

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
smithwa said:
" Anyone know were I can get a good rock bottom anchor that will hold a 23' boat in a strong current."

A guy sold me one he had made out of rhubard right out of his trunk @ the duck island ramp a few years ago. He is the same guy who sells tackle(sabiki rigs and lead). Nice design of a river anchor with an added feature which will allow you to pull the anchor from the bottom as well........
That would be Frank's River Anchors,(215)736-1662.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Don C said:
Man what happened to the thunderstorms and and rain? I wanted to go out today in Barnaget to check it out but tha weather man said don't go. Now the suns out and there's no one around to go and it would be noon before I even got out there. Damn. I quess I'm hitting the river to liik for herring.

Don C
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows... :cool:

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea I hear you, most of the time I go with what I see but all the weathermen got it wrong. There is always next week. I heard of some bass being taken on clams when I went down on Sunday to help a buddy with his truck.

Don C

·
Banned
95 Posts
Sh - it happens!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts