BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I just bought a small center console that needs some routine maintenance done on the 115 hp Yamaha motor -- basically a water pump change and precautionary replacement of the seals in the lower unit.

Does anyone out there have a good recommendation for a Yamaha mechanic in the Raritan Bay/Sandy Hook area? Even better would be a Staten Island mechanic since that is the boat's ultimate destination. However, I don't see *any* SI Yamaha mechanics listed on the Yamaha website. However, the boat is on a trailer so I can move it easily.

Thanks to Bob Dunkelberger (Dunk) for his amazing help doing the survey on this boat. The guy is a wealth of information. :thumbsup:

-- Fly Rod

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Give PJ Spinelli a call at Port Monmouth Marine. Great guy/crew. Very fair.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
S&S marine

Hi All,

I just bought a small center console that needs some routine maintenance done on the 115 hp Yamaha motor -- basically a water pump change and precautionary replacement of the seals in the lower unit.

Does anyone out there have a good recommendation for a Yamaha mechanic in the Raritan Bay/Sandy Hook area? Even better would be a Staten Island mechanic since that is the boat's ultimate destination. However, I don't see *any* SI Yamaha mechanics listed on the Yamaha website. However, the boat is on a trailer so I can move it easily.

Thanks to Bob Dunkelberger (Dunk) for his amazing help doing the survey on this boat. The guy is a wealth of information. :thumbsup:

-- Fly Rod
I have been using S&S marine they can come to your Marina or yard also .Very good and insured call steve or steve at 732-2917001.They have a shop in the Highlands which is across the bay from Sandy Hook.Good luck ,Eddie

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the recs

Thanks all for the great recommendations. That'll give me some leads to follow. :)

-- Fly Rod

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Hi All,

-- Fly Rod

Rodney, picked up an almost mint condition 2003 18ft Parker CC with a F115 Yam of the same year. I found a little water in the gearcase lube. It was loosing pressure when we tested the gearcase. So the engine needs a water pump, the gearcase resealed, tstat serviced and the oil/filter changed in the engine.

Rodney,

I should have remember Pete(Peb3) was in that area.. I would trust his recommendation on where to take it.. I surveyed his 23 Seacraft two years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts