BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Boats.net has good deals on parts lubes etc. Problem is freight would kill ya'. Local is the way to go.:thumbsup:
If you're not picking up local and can receive via common carrier it makes sense. Dealers have to have them shipped too, you know. I looked into it a few years back and it made sense, but my 'partner' in the drum bailed out so I didnt do it.

·
Registered
20,270 Posts
I am getting it $19.99 + tax... The 55g prices is about a $3.00 gallon savings over the refillables I am getting....

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Comstock and Garden State both sell 55 gallon drums. I bought one 5 years ago and am still using it... I pumped it into 5 gallon gas cans so I could dispose of the drum. Down to my last 5 gallons plus whats in the boat.

Brett

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I wish, I been killing one year. This year it seems I have maybr 1/4 left over.
Bear 13,
Most of your trips are to the Blue water LOL LOL. You need to start to do some of the inshore trips. I am also able to fish 7 days a week.

See you at Marina this year.

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Bear 13,
Most of your trips are to the Blue water LOL LOL. You need to start to do some of the inshore trips. I am also able to fish 7 days a week.

See you at Marina this year.
Yes they are. if the boat is untied it goes 30+, no doubt. I just like fishing for seamonsters and not bait.... :D

See you soon Fran.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
It did not take long since they only had one barrel at that time. But he said he would get more. will be making the call in the next day or two to see who has the best price. Will look for price since the boat is not in the water but once it is in it is more about who is the close to me.

Sorry for cleaning them out.

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Amen! thats good stuff. Further more I found my oil use decreased by around 30% when I dropped the pitch of my wheels. One thing computed by the HPDI in regards to oil use is load... I

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Amen! thats good stuff. Further more I found my oil use decreased by around 30% when I dropped the pitch of my wheels. One thing computed by the HPDI in regards to oil use is load... I am still within RPM range but at the higher end.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Amen! thats good stuff. Further more I found my oil use decreased by around 30% when I dropped the pitch of my wheels. One thing computed by the HPDI in regards to oil use is load... I am still within RPM range but at the higher end.
30% is a significant drop in oil consumption. I wouldnt have guessed repropping could make that much difference. Its well worth running them at a higher rpm with less strain, less fuel, oil. Yould should also have wear as a benefit.

My new rig (new to me anyway) has twin straight inboards, when thet gies in the slip there will be no more 2 cycle oil for me. At least not with this rig...

Hope to do more offshore this year.

Brett

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.