BASS BARN banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to repower a '95 albemarle 32 and am finding out that I am limited,without changing my deck, to all non computerized engines.I am thinking of the Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370 with ZF IRM 220A marine gears.Honestly the only thing I know about what I just typed is the 370 part...thats the HP.Does anyone have any thoughts on this engine or maybe a suggestion on some other brand. I'm a fisher from O.c. MD. and I'm tired of turning wrenches instead of turn reels on my old Cats. I missed almost this entire season due to broke boat syndrome. Thanks in advance for any help and feel free to email me..Keep them lines tight and hope to see ya next season :confused:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Probably the wrong spot for this post, Might want to try the tackle box. However, I had a Yanmar 170hp which is their 4 cylinder. It was an amazing little engine. It had 1100 Hrs when I sold the boat for financial reasons. It is a very mechanical sounding engine. Not as deep a rumble as a Cat or volvo. If I ever were to own another little diesel, it will be a Yanmar.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts