BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never eated walleye. I've never even caught one. But I've eaten tons of yellow perch. Are they similar in taste? They look like they're closely related.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Perch is good table fare but walleye is superb! It's the best freshwater fish I have ever eaten. Can't go wrong with either but those eyes are in a class of their own!

·
Registered
32,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That sounds great. Perch is pretty good, but a little plain. Sounds like walleye will not disappoint.

We're heading up to Quebec this June and will be walleye fishing all week.

·
Registered
445 Posts
must be cool pulling one from the ice,,btw anybody know ice conditions up in north jersey>

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
You won't be dissapointed I promise! If you guys wanna try your hand at Walleye fishing look up TrophyDreamCatcher.com and give Capt. Rick Miick a call. He does trips on Lake Oneida as well as all other fishing tactics in upsate NY including Salmon, and drift trips for Steelhead on the Salmon River. Hes a good friend and one of the best up there. Featured in magazines and has a fishing show on a local station up there. Specializes in Center pinning. Tell him I told ya to call...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Plenty of good walleye spots around us. You gotta do your homework though. ;)

Walleyes are better table fare, by far. You gotta eat the small ones (legal to about 22 inches). They are way better than the bigger ones.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
lake hopatcong,swartswood ,monksville resivior and greenwood lake nj.all have good populations of them.best fish to eat period.too bad no ice to fish for them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I love both, but I give the nod to walleye. Still, I think both are trumped by bluegill.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts