BASS BARN banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fish will fall on the decks of the new ride tomorrow! Can't wait! Hopefully the decks will be as red as the hull sides on every trip this year!

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
CONGRATS AJ - MUST FEEL GREAT! IS THAT HER IN YOUR SIG??

IM STILL A FEW YEARS AWAY FROM OWNING MY FIRST SHES GONNA BE A CONTENDER FOR SURE - THE QUESTION IS 23, 25, OR 27 FT. IT WILL DEPEND ON IF THEIR IS A LITTLE MULE-LANEY OR TWO RUNNING AROUND

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, thats her...

Two possible names... what do you think?

"The Gun Show" (As in biceps)

"The Crimson Tide"

Even better news, have some folks comming in from out of state to look @ the old ride!
If she sells I am cristening the Reg with a bottle of Champagne!

The contender's are sweet.... Definately faster than the Regs... but from my test rides etc the Reg will at up the larger stuff better...
If I was in Florida would have picked the Contender. The 23 is a perfect sized boat.. you can get away with a single and still top out @ 40.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
I fergot you got a REG - I love em too!

I almost bought a 23 Reg when I first met Jodi from a guy in Pt Pleasant - shoulda done it looking back thats why I tell single guys get the boat first

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, I know what ya mean bri.... Women and boats.. can be $$$$$. Right now I would invest the $$ in a high quality piece of fiberglass..... ;) :D

·
Registered
16,541 Posts
Good luck with her....with that warm water moving in I am getting the itch!

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Good luck with bloodying the deck of the new ride AJ, it'll be a great feeling to get her up on plane the first time.

Brian - buy the 23 footer before the little ones come to town, otherwise you'll be looking at 16 ft aluminum's, not thats there is anything wrong with that

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brian, what kind of fishing is your favorite? We'll definately have to do some fishing this year. Deep, did some work on her last weekend... took her for a ride after some engine work I did.. she is running great. With the way they setup the boat.. even with 1200 lb of additional weight from the fuel tank she is still very balanced. Need to pick up some sharking gear...

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Phil,
Got that far.... Maybe tomorrow...
Spent most of last week doing some upgrades/ maintenance on the boat.

Bri, we will definately have to go after some tuners this year!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts