BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
First of all, my heart and prayers go out to the family.... a loss is always a horrible experience.

I know that a Mustang suit is a big ticket item to some guys... $300-400 depending on where you buy it.... but after reading this local story, if you have the ability to buy one, fish/work in these conditions, and don't own one and wear it, there is something seriously wrong.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Just remember a mustang suit only adds a couple of hours in cold water...especially if it isn't as calm as a pond.

In the old days before flying in dry suits...we used to wear shorty wet suits under the mustangs when flying in the polar regions. More than doubles your time in the water. Still less than overnight so make darn sure you have an epirb and you tie it to your butt if out there alone this time of year!!!!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
tough time of the year to be in the water. My prayer go out to the family. i think any way to prevent this possible situation this time of the year should be used. A mustag has no price tag on it if you need it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts