BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
WOW...those knifes are sharp!! He went through those Mahi bone and all, and did't even have to sharpen the knife:eek: I need one of those.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
They are some kind of crazy japanese knife i am sure! like a mini samuri. lol hahaha

that is sick how fast that goes! what a freaking assembly line!

try to find an american that can do that!

If you do let me know how many fingers he has left. lol hahaha

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Wow! I'd love to have these guys meet us at the dock! It's always such a pain in the arse cleaning after coming in from offshore!

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
hey red...

Start hiring a mate! for the couple hundred bucks when you get back crack and beer and sandwich and relax! lol

We are going to start doing that!

I am going to lose a finger this year trying this! you watch! haah

·
Registered
881 Posts
I bought two of these knives recently but will probably still not be able to do anywhere near the job those guys do. The one knife was a less expensive version from Ebay made by the Kai corp in Japan who has a distributer in Portland Oregon (503-582-1966) and the other was directly from Japan from the Bunmei co which manufactures Japanese professional kitchen knives. They have a website. Haven't tried them yet but they sure are some bada$$ looking knives.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Be careful luhrs!

Dont lose no fingers! hahaha

I want to see this happen when you use them first i want to come check that out!

I will bring the tuna and we can play just can not drink until after!

hahah lol

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
it was a small tuna.. but it did look legal.. 28" or so it looked!

·
Banned
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sportfishingusa said:
try to find an american that can do that!

If you do let me know how many fingers he has left. lol hahaha
I know some guys that are very impressive in this area! one guy i work with can dress a sword like no one ive ever seen with just a slime knife!!! its pretty impressive to watch

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
I love watching guys do crazy stuff! i know a guy out of barnagt light who fillets 80lb tuna just like that.. cuts out the side and runs right thru the bones.. crazy!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
goldfish said:
seems to me its more the indian than the arrow, but they are beautiful knives.
I have to agree with you goldfish. I have several rather expensive knives for breaking down tuna and other larger pelagics, then again I have Dexter Russells that will do the same job just as well. It all comes down to practice, practice and more practice ;)

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Great knives Im sure but the experienced hands working them are the gems in the equation. I could watch this over and over. Only one way to get faster is to keep catchin' and cleanin' them, but these dudes are well oiled machines !

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
FishingLuhrs said:
I bought two of these knives recently but will probably still not be able to do anywhere near the job those guys do. The one knife was a less expensive version from Ebay made by the Kai corp in Japan who has a distributer in Portland Oregon (503-582-1966) and the other was directly from Japan from the Bunmei co which manufactures Japanese professional kitchen knives. They have a website. Haven't tried them yet but they sure are some bada$$ looking knives.

Hey Brian, don't worry about it, I have a few extra fingers that I'm not going to use in the near future:D Can't wait to get out after them and try those new knives out. Rob

1 - 20 of 31 Posts