BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Saw this on theother site. It was hilarious. I have been trying to find out what kind of fish they are. If anyone knows please post it. Shame the video was in spanish, but it sure was funny.

·
Registered
548 Posts
nice

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Smart fish. They all jump in the boat, once they get enough weight in it, the boat goes down, the fish swim away, and the piranhas get the boaters.

That's sends a message, eh?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think they're some kind of asian carp and they're an invasive species on the Mississippi and some other waters. It's no joke, they jump out of the water and hit people while they're speeding down the river. I think there has been at least one fatality from this already. I know they're trying to take steps to keep them from getting into the great lakes but it's not going to be easy. I can't imagine what it must feel like to get hit with a ten or fifteen pound fish while you're trucking alond at 40 or 50 mph on the water. That would probably ruin a good fishing day :mad: .

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
nospot2fsh said:
Saw this on theother site. It was hilarious. I have been trying to find out what kind of fish they are. If anyone knows please post it. Shame the video was in spanish, but it sure was funny.
The fish are called matrinxa.......The video is from brazil, that's their word for the fish. Don't know if ti translates to english to mean anything we'd be familiar wiht. But definitely not asian carp, this video is from south america. The asian carp will do the same thing though, but during the day, they don't need the spotlight. They're apparently attracted tot he boat motors.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/fishfly.asp

1 - 20 of 20 Posts