BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not who you fished with once or twice or heard from a friend. If your a fisherman in an area like wildwood & cape may and spend time on the water you have a good idea. Let's hear--there is no right or wrong answer. 35 or under old goofs like finger and stain need not apply.

·
Registered
653 Posts
no names but my preference

I would prefer the captain regardless of age who fishes the most. Experience in years past is helpful but the current first hand knowledge is beyong value. In the 80s as a 20 something year old charter captain who fished almost every day, I didn't feel like I took a backseat to hardly anyone. With minimal fishing opportunities at present, I realize that I cannot come close to matching the guys who are out there day in and day out "on the grounds".

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Not because he's my friend. And this will most likely give him a large dome.

Adambomb as far as I'm concerned is the best under 35yrs in the area on the inshore scene! And if decided to tackle the offshore stuff, he prob. be right up there everntually!

The guy knows his ****! And It just so happens that I to work with him on the water!:D

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
Capt Stew Hitchener from the pez machine is good and so is Capt Mark Decabia from the canyon runner! and although he doesnt fish much up here except for the summer Capt Matt Rabenstine from the Miss Annie is solid as well (he has a hell of a tourney resume already)! Ive heard some others from cape may are pretty good as well Like Capt Kobey and the capt from the adambomb but ive never fished along side any of them!

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
The Skinny Kid with the lucky hat who is docked next to Me ain't to shabby;);)

Seriously I would put Skip(Stalker) or Adam(Adambomb) up against anyone I have ever seen!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I have fished with Skip in every manner possible,salt,fresh,inshore,offshore,backwater,surf,sodbanks,bridges,jetty ect...
It is unreal the amount of fishing skills He has
He is Younger than Me but I learn things fishing with Him very time we go:thumbsup:

Timmy T and Chumstain are real good also but they are old like Me:D
Stain taught Me quite a bit over the many years we worked together:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,236 Posts
The Skinny Kid with the lucky hat who is docked next to Me ain't to shabby;);)

Seriously I would put Skip(Stalker) or Adam(Adambomb) up against anyone I hve ever seen!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I have fishd with Skip in every mner possible,salt,fresh,inshe,offshore,backwater,surf,sodbanks,bridges,jetty ect...
It is unreal the amount of fishing skills He has
He is Younger than Me but I lean things fishing with Him very time we go:thumbsup:

Timy T and Chumstain are real good also but they are old like Me:D
Stain taght Me quite a bit over the many years we worked together:thumbsup:

I just couldn't get the spelling stuff down with you though. Skip help him with that please.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
I have I told You lately that You are an A-Hole:razz::razz:

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
well people i have fished with.. capt adam on the bomb hands down one of the best in the inshore area.. if not the best in cape may... catching sharks under 35 my cousin.. but hell he learned from the best... i don't remember anyone under the age of 35 thast i have fished with.. this yr i will jump on with skip cause he is right there with adam from what i have heard... but lets face it who under 35 spends as much time on the water as skip and adam?

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Thanks guys! Even a stopped clock is right twice a day! ;)

Very few people of any age can find fish and catch fish like Skip on the Stalker. The man can find them for his clients and he can catch them like nobodies business! That's why I want him on my team in the Duke of Fluke! :thumbsup: He's the cream of the crop of the under(and over) 35 crowd!

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I would give it the guys at Snug harbor too..I have only fished with both of them a few times..But every weekend or weekday I am out they are putting their fares on the fish.."If all else fails....Follow the yellow boat" :D
That drift put us in The D of F 2008....

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.