BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a guy calls me Friday and says he wants a Hobie Outback kayak same color as Baystalkers so he can use it for duck hunting. They are awsome duck hunting machines by the way. He also wants me to rig it up for fishing and wants a scottys rod holder, flush mount rod holder and LED lighting added. He promises to pick it up today. Well I got it all ready for him on sunday and installed everything he wanted but after leaving three messages for him, hes not getting back to me and never showed up to get it. I guess he either died since friday or changed his mind and wasnt considerate enough to stop me from rigging it up for him. So if anybody wants it Ill throw in everything I put on for him.
And if sombody else calls and wants me to rig one up ahead of time without a deposit Ill do it. Because most men stick to their word. I always say I trust everybody until they show me I shouldnt.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
That is a nice lookin YAK. Not my cup of tea but nice none the less. If I ever consider getting one, it'll be from you. Sorry, for the some of the human race. Really sucks some people are like that.

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Barrel,
Post his name.
Nice looking yak, The one my old man got from you last feb. has not seen much use. LOL Can't tell a father NO can ya.

Did you ever get your surf cam running? let me know we could do something like barnacle bills. I could trade some services for a discoount on a wetsuit for jet ski riding.

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Never know what could have happened, Although its easy to jump to conclusions. Most likely you are correct, but there may be some extenuating circumstances. Maybe give him the benifit of the doubt, he just may show/call.

-ZAR

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Sweet looking set up. How much do the monthly payments run on that bad boy :D

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Barrell,

It used to be that a man was only as good as his word...things have drastically changed. I had recently committed to buying something from someone here and he sold it to someone else before I could get to his house to pick it up...needless to say I was a little disapointed and wanted to make an issue of it, but deciede to just let it go....I treat others like I want to be treated. What goes around, comes around...

·
Registered
13,491 Posts
I can't tell you how much I'm lusting after that yak right now.

Just not in a position to move on it.

Hope someone gets it soon, sorry to hear that you got stood up by someone who apparently (there is the possibility there is a good reason for them not showing) is a slimeball.

·
Registered
782 Posts
If you don't mind me asking...

What was the original asking price of that setup? (Something you would feel comfortable publicly mentioning, I'm looking for a ballpark)

I may be interested in a third vessel in my plastic armada.

And I pay lots of bills before my word is needed. :D

[EDIT] What's the length from end of rudder bracket to the bow tip?

·
Registered
172 Posts
His Loss

Looks like his loss....

That is a Sweet Set Up.......

All a man has is his word...if that is no good...then how can he be ?

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
For every one asking about the kayak:
This is for sale at my regular discounted price of $1600 and it includes all the normal 2008 gear.But it will be sold with some nice extras thrown in. Stainless roleez wheels worth $140 Extra tackle buckets ($45)and I installed a Scottys rod Holder ($24), a flush mount rod holder ($24)and also installed is a tec-tite led mast light ($65)This kayak has only been unwrapped for a couple days as it was put together for a no-show.

Specifications:Length: 12' 1" / 3.68 m
Width: 33" / 0.84 m
Weight:62lbs / 28.12 kg
Mirage Drive Weight: 7.2 lbs./3.27 kg.
Capacity: 400 lbs / 181.8 kg

Click Link For The yak it is in the barn sale:
Hobie OutBack

Me from last season in the same yak:

·
Registered
980 Posts
If you have his phone number and it's a listed do a search on it and get his address . Not to cause any legal problems but just to knock on his door and ask him WHY ! sometimes doing things like this can be very satisfying .

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Flyguy784 said:
Great picture Vince.

Thanks Bro. here is another both pic were taken by Barrell

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
vince what all do you have on your's only thing extra i see from the pic is the fish finder.. did you install that or did you have berrel do it?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts