BASS BARN banner

zap a gap???

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  feathersnfins 
#1 ·
Hey,
Never used zap and wondering if it's like a super glue for holding wraps in place or what??? I usually just use head cement to secure my wraps, but want to know if it is a faster drying "glue". What do you use it for?
Thanks in advance.
Brent

#3 ·
Ray:
Hit it on the money with the zap a gap. The thin formula definitely wicks. I use a needle or toothpick to apply it. Not only does it wick into the material, it wicks down the side of the bottle. If you see a guy walking around with a bottle stuck between two fingers that'll be me.
They do make a thicker formula but it won't soak in as quickly. There's also Flex-Loc. It's water-based and will lock threads in place but you won't get a glossy finish like head cement or zap a gap

#5 ·
PACER makes Z-7 DEBONDER that is used to remove dried Zap-A-Gap and is a great item to have at you desk incase of spills or the inadvertent gluing of your fingers. You can find other brands in your CVS or other stores that sell CA Glue. It is worth to have some around in case of a misshap.

Brad

#6 ·
Jim, welcome to the Barn. Got to watch that stuff. I have never glued my fingers yet, but close. Got to try and only put on a little drop. It spreads fast and will wick on material and make it stiff if not careful.

Not a bad idea to get some of the stuff Brad mentioned.

Can it be used to thin the Zap a gap? Mine is getting a litle thick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.