BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I walk the sods around corson's yesterday for about two hours.Nothing.Any suggestions on how to work the jig head and zooms this time of year.I was working it slow and lifting it off of the bottom.Any other suggestions.:eek:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
sounds like a good plan. Just mix
up the retrieve some. My buddy
was really cranking last week when
he picked up a nice fish. I was bouncing
mine. Fish hit on the drop

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
There are alot of ways to work the jig, but do not fish it like you are flounder fishing. Fluke strike out of aggression and you get reaction strikes from the jigging even though it does not look natural. Tone down the jigging motion or dont jig it at all. And make sure you retrieve the jig all the way up to your feet.

RyanF

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
gunga din said:
I walk the sods around corson's yesterday for about two hours.Nothing.Any suggestions on how to work the jig head and zooms this time of year.I was working it slow and lifting it off of the bottom.Any other suggestions.:eek:
Just exactly what you said, good luck!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Use as little weight as possible to get down and cast upcurrent, letting the current carry it along the bottom as you take up the slack. Give the rod tip a slight twitch every once in a while. Once you feel the jig stop, or the line go slack, set the hook. Let the current do the work when using rubber jigs, especially around bridges and jetty tips, it looks much more natural than jigging it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts